AKALI Clinical Study 2
A second clinical trial took place in Spring of 2010 to evaluate and document the ability of Akali to alter markers of acid-base balance in young healthy adults when compared with the consumption of typical bottled water. The results of that study were equally compelling, showing Akali to have a profound impact on pH markers in the body within one week of regular consumption.
Study 2 – Summary Conclusions
Consumption of Akali®water was associated with:
▪ Significantly reduced urine output.
▪ Significantly increased urine concentration and reduced blood concentration.
▪ Significantly increased urine pH and increased blood pH.
▪ Acid-base balance IMPROVEDwhen drinking Akali®.
▪ Hydration status IMPROVED when drinking Akali®.
Extrapolation of Findings:
▪ Healthy adults can improve indicators of both acid-base balance and hydration status with habitual consumption of Akali®.
▪ Long-term consumption of Akali® may help body improve disease symptoms or conditions associated with poor acid-base balance and/or hydration status in non-healthy adults. This suggestion, however, has not yet been tested.
Acid-Base Balance and Hydration Status Following Consumption of Mineral-Based Alkaline Bottled Water
– Daniel P Heil